Welcome to FrequentFlier.com - the Internet's premier site for frequent flyer program information and advice. Welcome to FrequentFlier.com |
The Internet's premier site for frequent flyer program information and advice.
HomeNews & AnalysisStrategic & TacticsBlogFrequentFlier ForumProgramsAirport LinksAbout the Site
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:15 pm 

I was a winner of the American Express contest that gave away 5 hours of flight time on a Skyjet Medium size Private Jet for up to six people. I'm trying to figure out where I might be able to resell this item.

I've already checked with Skyjet and found that I can transfer the item, but I was hoping to find out if anyone here knew of a good market to resell it? I don't think Ebay is the best place to go since the item is worth $32,000, and I'm looking for at least $15k.

Any assistance is much appreciated!

Post subject: Jettime
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:49 pm 

After viewing your article was not able to provide any advice for its sale,although was curious when you mentioned its worth $32,000 and your accepted price of $15,000 what the IRS folks will be nailing you for?
Another thought was what type of donation value to some charity could be provided to you if you were to donate it to some worthy charity?
Maybe some type of first-responders whom travel to natural disasters?
Just some ideas
ronald

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:37 pm 

Thanks for your response! I purchased the item for $3000.00, it was one of the top prizes Amex was giving away along with the $5000 Range Rover (I would have preferred that!).

Therefore I am responsible for taxes between the actual price of the item and what I paid ($33,000 minus $3000, as the item also included a $1000 giftcard that I'm not going to sell). That makes my actual cost about $12,600 ($3000 + (32% of $30,000)). Still a great deal, but I don't really have a use for it.

Here's the link to the contest info: http://www.mylifemycard.com/mywishlist/media/pdfs/skyjet.pdf

I did consider charity, but I'm not sure they'll have a good use for a private jet. Maybe in the silent auctions to raise money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:23 pm 

I decided to try and post it on Ebay. As I'm not sure of this board's policy on linking to auctions, anyone interested in it, can do an ebay search for private jet (should be searchable in 2-4 hours).

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:14 pm 

If Ebay fails,maybe some format of charity to Doctors without Borders? Some crisis type of service that airlifts people from different regions because of medical needs?
Would that type of give to charity give you good discount from taxes?
All in all, hope works for you.
ronald